Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|West Demerara residents frustrated with noise nuisance|
|Friday, 28 December 2012 19:42|
WE, the residents, of West Demerara, wish to register a most disturbing issue–noise nuisance. Our beautiful country is plagued with noise nuisance as evidenced through the numerous letters published in the newspapers. We are now seeking answers to the questions below:
When will the government prepare to address and control this issue?
What are the opposition parties doing in Parliament about this issue?
What is the Bureau of Standards doing about the importation of these sophisticated music boxes?
What is the Environmental Protection Agency doing to enforce the noise regulation 2000?
Mr. President, we implore you to speak nationally on this issue, to bring much-needed relief.
- Ruel Johnson is plagued with blinkered vision
- Guyana's progress being held hostage to negative politics
- UG seeks private sector partnership to aid transformation process
- Is our situation ‘a chicken and egg’ scenario?
- Post Offices continue to make a sterling contribution
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”
- When will they ever learn?
- Another Chinese investment is being called into question
- Fair grading of paddy is of paramount importance
- Lest we forget, ‘every dog has his day’
- International experts on Guyana’s EU FLEGT process should apply caution
- Apology demanded from Kaieteur News for Kissoon’s vilifying article on Mahatma Gandhi
- The common thread is a lack of respect for people and life
- Carl Parker is hiding from the truth
- Such lawlessness must stop in Guyana
- Janette Bulkan is engaged in axe-grinding