Wednesday, 22 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|GFF & NCN strengthen partnership to further develop the game|
|Monday, 03 September 2012 20:25|
THE Guyana Football Federation (GFF) recently met with the Management of the National Communications Network (NCN) to discuss ways or further ways of strengthening the partnership between the two entities.
Having enjoyed a good working relationship in the past, the top brass of the two entities met with the view of assessing the current relationship with a view to further enhancing same.
The meeting took place in the Boardroom of NCN with the federation’s delegation led by president (ag) Franklin Wilson including general secretary Noel Adonis and marketing director, Faizal Khan.
CEO (ag) of NCN, Michael Gordon, led NCN’s team which also included Wendy Hermanstine, Raymond Azeez, Kenneth Jones, Sharda Lall and Stephan Sookram.
Wilson stated that the GFF is keen on further strengthening the relations with NCN especially as it relates to the development of their flagship team, ‘Golden Jaguars’ and football in general across Guyana.
Gordon committed to the promotion of the national unit and football as a whole, pointing out that features of biography as well as edutainment on the sport were areas in which the partnership would continue to grow and evolve.
NCN recently aired the Friendly International between Guyana and Bolivia and collaborations of this nature will continue according to both entities and is not limited to overseas matches but also local matches.
Both sides agreed at the end of the very fruitful meeting that decisions made will positively impact the promotion and development of the sport through strengthened partnership.
|Last Updated on Monday, 03 September 2012 20:36|
- E-Networks and DBL on board with BCCI and BCB Independence Cup
- Carmichael shines for Club Crusoe
- Gordon gives back to cycling … 16-year-old Agard receives new bike
- Lumumba is new GS of GFA
- Registration process for second ‘Chow Pow’ 10/10 tournament under way
- Bravo’s Super Kings march into the final despite Smith half-century
- ‘World Challenge Day 2013’ being observed today … Dr Anthony to give motivational speech
- ‘I am innocent' - Sreesanth
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals