Sunday, 26 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|Monday, 06 August 2012 21:50|
She promised with her lovely eyes
She promised with her sincere lips
She promised with her sanctified self
But never promised she with her heart. One day, on a casual walk in the garden
He heard voices, soft, sentimental
He heard as she promised to another
The fullness of her love
He left, unseen, his heart heavy, slowly dying
All he asked of her was sincere love.
Instead, she leashed him, whipped him
With kind words covered in deceits
And left him all alone
Giving him he knew
What he so richly deserved
Having done the same to so many
Flashing love as a comedy
A comedy of breaking well-meaning hearts
As flowers fade and die
So indeed the deeds repay
To bring the best reward of tears
- Guyana comes first
- Slain cop’s colleagues hold the key to who were the killers
- Millers exploiting rice farmers
- Sugar industry needs restructuring
- Agonising delay in accessing salary at Scotiabank
- Road users need protection from grass slashers
- Opposition continued effort to stymie progress is alarming
- Launching of operation El Dorado commendable
- High quality technicians are needed to man the Forensic Lab
- Why the deafening silence by Stabroek News, Kaieteur News on Sharma’s case?
- Ruel Johnson is plagued with blinkered vision
- Guyana's progress being held hostage to negative politics
- UG seeks private sector partnership to aid transformation process
- Is our situation ‘a chicken and egg’ scenario?
- Post Offices continue to make a sterling contribution
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”