Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Unbeaten Solozano century leads T&T recovery|
|Sunday, 05 August 2012 21:51|
PINE BASIN, Barbados, (CMC) – Opening batsman Jeremy Solozano slammed an unbeaten century to lead a Trinidad and Tobago assault on Guyana’s bowling on the first day of their Regional Under-19 three-day Champion third round match here yetserday.
The slimly-built left hander occupied the wicket for the entire six hours of the day’s play to be unbeaten on 139 out of a total of 313 for five, as the mainly spin-based Guyana bowling attack sent down a whopping 111 overs.
Solozano counted only five boundaries in the patient, mature knock while featuring in substantial partnerships with his captain Vikash Mohan and wicketkeeper Nicholas Pooran for the fourth and fifth wickets respectively.
Pooran batted aggressively to fall just short of three figures with 94 while Mohan got 45.
Guyana struck three early blows to send the total sliding to 24 for three within the first half hour before T&T not only revived their fortunes through Solozano and Mohan but totally dominated when the former and Pooran came together in the middle session.
Solozano and the skipper started the recovery with a solid 93-run stand and after the latter’s dismissal , he and fellow-lefthander Pooran launched a savage assault to put on a further 141 runs on either side of the tea interval, running the Guyanese fielders ragged in the process.
From a lunch time score of 26 out of 82 for three, he went on to register 50 from 141 balls in 164 minutes with three fours and brought up the coveted century after just short of five hours batting while facing 259 balls and striking five fours.
But it was essentially Pooran who put the bowlers to the sword in the 113 minutes he spent at the crease racking up eight fours and the only three sixes of the innings from just 105 balls.
He fell to a catch at the wicket off Guyana captain and leg-spinner Shawn Pereira, after coming to within four runs of Solozano who was on 55 when he arrived at the crease.
- E-Networks and DBL on board with BCCI and BCB Independence Cup
- Carmichael shines for Club Crusoe
- Gordon gives back to cycling … 16-year-old Agard receives new bike
- Lumumba is new GS of GFA
- Registration process for second ‘Chow Pow’ 10/10 tournament under way
- Bravo’s Super Kings march into the final despite Smith half-century
- ‘World Challenge Day 2013’ being observed today … Dr Anthony to give motivational speech
- ‘I am innocent' - Sreesanth
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals