Monday, 20 May 2013
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
No flexibility with importation of banned, restric... » MINISTER of Agriculture, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy has s...
The dramatically changing Georgetown skyline » In recent years, the skyline of Georgetown has tak...
Ramjattan a no-show for anti-money laundering meet... » ATTORNEY-General and Minister of Legal Affairs, An...
GECOM successfully concludes extended registration » THE Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) yesterday ...
|Defendants, 58, 18, face related charges|
|Tuesday, 31 July 2012 20:56|
NAZMOON Khan, 58, of Lot 168 Cummings Street, Georgetown has been charged with assaulting Candace Romala to cause her actual bodily harm.
It was alleged, before Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton yesterday, that the defendant committed the offence on July 24 in Cummings Street.
In the same court, Romala, 18, of â€˜SSâ€™ Hadfield Street, Wortmanville, also in the city, faced a charge of using abusive language to Khan in Cummings Street, on July 24, too.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty and Khan was put on $15,000 bail while Romala was ordered to lodge $7,500 surety.
They have to be back in court on September 28.
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragonâ€¦ $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court toldâ€¦ Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting â€˜pestâ€™.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over â€˜sweet manâ€™
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman â€˜for nothingâ€™
- â€˜Turkeyâ€™ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging motherâ€™s water tank
- In wounding caseâ€¦Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor