Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Major outreach planned for mining communities|
|Thursday, 26 July 2012 22:51|
THE Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment, through the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) as the regulatory agency, has planned a series of outreach meetings/visits, for next month, of mining communities in all mining districts.
Teams will include the Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment, Hon. Robert M. Persaud; Chairman of the Board of Directors of GGMC, Major General (rtd) Joe Singh; Commissioner of the GGMC, Ms. Karen Livan; and other senior officials of the Commission.
The planned outreach over the next month will target areas such as Aurora, Aranka, Dukwarri, Cuyuni, Konawaruk, Blackwater, Port Kaituma, Arakaka, Omai, Quartz Hill and Frenchman.
This effort is part of planned activities of the Commission to continue discussion and collaboration with miners, investors and other stakeholders to have a united vision on the sustainability of mining industry.
More Top Stories
- One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap
- Several opened mails found at home of Berbice postman - including utility bills, Christmas cards and correspondence from U.S. embassy addressed to several persons in the New Amsterdam district
- At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape freed - after victim absents self from court
- Protest outside Albion court as accused wife killer appears
- Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse cases - one placed on $20,000 bail for calling his wife a ‘cross’
- Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid waste - and sustainable forest management
- New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes successful test run
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs
- Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flattened
- First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumptuous lunch
- Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Global Competitiveness Report
- COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - Intestines damaged, mother vows “end of police work”