Wednesday, 22 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Who is Jason Figuero trying to fool?|
|Tuesday, 24 July 2012 20:36|
THE words of Linden teacher Jason Figuero as he delivered an emotional address to thousands of Lindeners at a rally on Saturday night: “It angers me that in our time of struggle and hardship…”
What should anger you most Jason Figuero, is the daily struggles all others all across Guyana who break their backs to travel out of their towns and communities to work for a living who pay $65 per kwh for electricity use, while you and all Lindeners enjoy paying $15 per kwh so you and all Lindeners can use as much electricity as you want.
Jason Figuero went on to rant about in our time of mourning the death of innocent protestors, the government propaganda machine NCN is labelling us as APNU and AFC supporters. We are first and foremost Lindeners. Lindeners of all different races, religious groupings and political persuasions.”
All different races Jason Figuero? Really? Who are you trying to fool Jason Figuero? Yourself and the gullible in Linden you are addressing?
Why do you not tell the very gullible crowds you and others are addressing what really took place toward a certain race in Wismar?
Tell the Lindeners why the name change to Linden. Remind Lindeners about the Wismar Massacre and then talk about "all race."
The heat must be on Vanessa Kissoon and Solomon who riled up the Linden crowds before the killing of the three Lindeners.
The authorities must take the bull by the horns now and put this to rest once and for all so as to not allow this to happen again.
Kissoon warned the Lindeners not to become their own enemies and to remain focused, saying “this is a people’s struggle,”…we are not here to break into anybody’s stores or anything like that….we do not condone those types of action.”
This flimsy, lame excuse has played out too many times in Guyana's history where next the Guyanese people will hear "criminal elements infiltrated our peaceful protest"; hog wash, and it won’t work this time.
You are the people who created the atmosphere for looting with your frivolous claims of Linden being a depressed town and how Lindeners are a depressed people.
Not one of you cannot gain political mileage outside of certain towns and certain villages and communities.
You will never venture out of those certain areas to find out who are the real depressed people all across Guyana simply because none of you can gain political mileage in those areas.
- Ruel Johnson is plagued with blinkered vision
- Guyana's progress being held hostage to negative politics
- UG seeks private sector partnership to aid transformation process
- Is our situation ‘a chicken and egg’ scenario?
- Post Offices continue to make a sterling contribution
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”
- When will they ever learn?
- Another Chinese investment is being called into question
- Fair grading of paddy is of paramount importance
- Lest we forget, ‘every dog has his day’
- International experts on Guyana’s EU FLEGT process should apply caution
- Apology demanded from Kaieteur News for Kissoon’s vilifying article on Mahatma Gandhi
- The common thread is a lack of respect for people and life
- Carl Parker is hiding from the truth
- Such lawlessness must stop in Guyana
- Janette Bulkan is engaged in axe-grinding