Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Contributions of Cheddi and Janet Jagan to Guyana are unmatched|
|Tuesday, 17 July 2012 21:48|
"I do not want to call anyone Daddy. I'm the Big Daddy" says APNU David Granger with his no father or mother of our beloved nation comment.
Clearly, here is a man unable to give a compliment to the Father and Mother of our Nation. What Cheddi Jagan and Janet Jagan did for Guyana cannot never be matched or forgotten. They selflessly acted to ensure that Guyana was free from our colonial masters only to be cheated by that scoundrel Linden Forbes Sampson Burnham who sided with our colonial masters to thwart Cheddi from becoming our first President.
As we all know, cheaters never prosper, so Linden Burnham’s autocratic, despotic rule over Guyana turned Guyana from being the premier economy in the Caribbean and a country that most CARICOM Leaders look upon for guidance into a country ridiculed by CARICOM and into the second poorest country in the West. Now, David Granger (a stranger) wants to bring back Burnhamism. As my mummy says "Beware of strangers".
One good thing that is claimed about Linden Burnham is that he was eloquent. Hello? Eloquence does not put bread on the table. Indeed, Linden Burnham took away flour and bread from our tables. Why do we Guyanese have to suffer the miscarriage of having our second largest town named after this eloquent fool is anyone’s guess.
So, David Granger, Cheddi Jagan is the Father of Guyana and Janet Jagan is the Mother of Guyana. Unless, of course, you want to claim that Linden Forbes Sampson Burnham was the Mother of our nation?
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 21:49|
- Ruel Johnson is plagued with blinkered vision
- Guyana's progress being held hostage to negative politics
- UG seeks private sector partnership to aid transformation process
- Is our situation ‘a chicken and egg’ scenario?
- Post Offices continue to make a sterling contribution
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”
- When will they ever learn?
- Another Chinese investment is being called into question
- Fair grading of paddy is of paramount importance
- Lest we forget, ‘every dog has his day’
- International experts on Guyana’s EU FLEGT process should apply caution
- Apology demanded from Kaieteur News for Kissoon’s vilifying article on Mahatma Gandhi
- The common thread is a lack of respect for people and life
- Carl Parker is hiding from the truth
- Such lawlessness must stop in Guyana
- Janette Bulkan is engaged in axe-grinding