Tuesday, 18 June 2013
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee... » CONTRACTORS have requested one more week to finish...
Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinid... » COUNCILLOR of the Region 2 Regional Democratic Cou...
‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health M... » COLIN Jones, charged with the 2009 burning of the ...
Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops i... » THE Ministry of Home Affairs said, yesterday, that...
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
|VYC stages benefit for 6-yr-old brain tumour victim|
|Tuesday, 17 July 2012 21:30|
THE Volunteer Youth Corps will present a benefit concert on Saturday for Shurlock Semple, a six-year-old boy who has a brain tumour and has to be air-lifted to Trinidad for immediate surgery.
For this, his family would be required to pay almost $10M million which will cover the fee for the air ambulance service, cost of surgery, airfare for his parents and his return to Guyana after surgery.
Unfortunately, little Shurlock was scheduled to have surgery on June 18, 2012, but that had to be postponed because of the lack of funds. The family and a few close friends were able to put together almost $3M and the Ministry has promised to give $1M. There is still a long way to go and sadly time is running out.
This benefit concert will be held at the National Cultural Centre with popular comedians, actors, singers and dancers such as Henry Rodney, Lyndon ‘Jumbie’ Jones, Tenecia DeFreitas, Leza ‘Radika’ Singh (reigning UNCENSORED Queen of Comedy), Kirwyn Mars, Michael ‘Credit’ Ignatius, Chubby, Crystallite Dance Troupe, ‘Pastor Fix it’, Horizon Arts, Nadata Vancoten (winner of the recently concluded Feel the Beat competition), Clemencio Goddette, Chris Gopaul, Mark Kazim, Kwasi Edmondson, Odessa Primus, Brandon Harding (winner of the jingle and song competition), and many others.
The concert will feature skits from Nothing to Laugh About as well as stand-up comedy from UNCENSORED. The show will be family-oriented and as such, all the pieces will be censored. Tickets for this star studded event are available at the National Cultural Centre and Giftland OfficeMAX for a minimal cost of $1000.
More Top Stories
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs
- Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flattened
- First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumptuous lunch
- Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Global Competitiveness Report
- COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - Intestines damaged, mother vows “end of police work”
- Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new Dharmic Sabha’s President
- Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target former footballer’s North Ruimveldt home : --shoot father in head, wife in abdomen
- First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend their ways : --and embrace fatherhood
- Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fail : --Relatives have a suspect in mind
- Enmore Martyrs’ Day … : PPP: A time of deep reflection : --on the legacy of the ‘Intrepid 5’
- Courtney Gibson remembered amidst moving tributes : --as disciplined, well-rounded
- North Sophia tragedy… : Full military rites for fallen cop tomorrow in Essequibo