Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|PI in Nismes murder case postponed|
|Thursday, 12 July 2012 21:44|
THE preliminary inquiry (PI) into the murder charge against David Godfrey Johnson, which was to commence Wednesday, has been rescheduled to August 9.
The case was called before Magistrate Ann McLennan, at Wales Court, where Johnson 23, is charged with having murdered Leonaka Natasha Johnson, 20, between March 15 and 17, at Nismes, also on West Bank Demerara.
The accused, who is on remand in prison, is a former employee of Stabroek News, who was living with the victim at her parents’ residence, Lot 17, Riverview Housing Scheme, Nismes.
- Magistrate changes pleas, postpones cases to today
- Husband remanded to prison for damaging wife’s kitchen utensils - and using abusive language, threatening behaviour
- Prosecutor states… Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court told… Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked ‘Fiah Lion’ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...