Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Taxi driver seriously bitten by killer bees|
|Monday, 09 July 2012 22:37|
BALO Narine, a 42-year-old taxi driver of Land of Plenty, Essequibo Coast, was seriously bitten by a swarm of African bees on Saturday.
He was in his yard when the insects bit him on his lips, arms, back, neck and other parts of his body, as he ran in an effort to escape from them.
Several other residents in the village reported that the bees have taken refuge in a building that is situated close to the victim’s home.
But the people in the closely knit community want the Ministry of Agriculture to rid them of the killers before someone is killed.
R.K. Security Service is using part of the edifice as an office while the bees have their hive in the other section.
More Top Stories
- President apologises to APNU leader for oversight - Teixeira
- APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obligations a smokescreen …had been looking for an excuse all along - Rohee
- As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police get more vehicles worth $61M - compliments Ministry of Home Affairs
- High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligned
- OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Rohee
- Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption probe
- AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ramjattan bluffing on readiness for snap elections
- Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OLPF Secretariat rolls out massive distribution drive
- BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden electricity supply
- ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has total of 17 witnesses, defence has lots of alibi evidence
- Rise up against opposition stand on money laundering law …PPP wants social forces to bring to bear pressure over hardline stand
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- including 7 elementary school students
- Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -according to latest NACTA poll
- Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who disappeared eight years ago
- Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion -equipment to begin arriving next week
- Tree pins Wakapao pensioner to death
- 24-year old missing after vessel capsizes
- GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-Dr Singh
- Three persons detained for Mootoos killing
- No flexibility with importation of banned, restricted chemicals-Dr Ramsammy