Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|GABA to conduct clinics in Linden this weekend|
|Monday, 09 July 2012 22:01|
HAVING successfully hosted its first-ever boxing card in the mining town of Linden last April, the Guyana Amateur Boxing Association (GABA), under the astute leadership of Steve Ninvalle, will be heading back to the mining town for a boxing clinic this weekend.
According to Ninvalle, amateur boxing has not been held in Linden for a long time and GABA, in its aim to decentralise the sport, collaborated with Briso Promotions to host a card there, during the annual Town Week Promotions.
The decentralisation process continues next month with the Pepsi/Gatorade-sponsored Under-16 championships which will be held in Berbice.
Ninvalle said Cuban coach Franciso Hernandez Roldan has handed in recommendations for both Georgetown and on the East Coast.
Roldan, GABA’s Technical Director Terrence Poole and national coach Wincell Thomas will be conducting the various clinics in Linden over the coming weekend. Persons who are desirous of making boxing a hobby can contact the various gyms in Linden in time for this weekend’s clinics.
“These clinics and Under-16 championships are being held with the aim of helping the GABA to better prepare its boxers for the 2016 and even 2020 Olympic Games, while at the same time assisting us in re-igniting the flames of amateur boxing in Guyana,” Ninvalle said.
- Festival City shock Albouystown ‘B’ in Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ … Sparta Boss keep five alive
- Guinness Brand Manager confident of Guyana winning regional title
- CPL announces Player Draft details
- Mumbai in IPL final after tense finish
- Rain washes out day one at Headingley
- UEFA Champions League final - Bayern Munich heavily favoured to beat Borussia Dortmund
- (Letter to the Sports Editor) - Cricket Administration in Demerara can be saved
- Banks DIH teams up with NSC for Independence Half-Marathon
- Webb’s first year in review at the helm of CONCACAF
- IOC sets September 1 deadline for India to hold elections
- Reggae Boyz hold Spurs to stalemate with Mexico clash in sight
- Chennai Super Kings top official arrested in Mumbai
- European soccer final adds new chapter to Adidas-Puma rivalry
- King says Independence half-marathon has potential to grow … calls for special race for 50th Anniversary
- ICC pulls umpire Rauf from Champions Trophy
- Five swimmers to compete in International meet in Barbados from today
- JCA president not seeking reelection
- Confident Ramdin says T20s won’t hamper Windies chances
- New security measures for Jamaica’s crucial home games
- Independence T20 Cup - COURTS (Guyana) Inc. and Universal Sports join the list of sponsors