Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|Stag Beer EDFA Senior League starts this weekend|
THE quest to be known as the top senior team on the East Coast of Demerara will commence on Saturday when the Ansa McAl/Stag Beer-sponsored League gets under way with a double-header at the Beterverwagting (BV) and Buxton grounds.
Ansa McAl renewed their commitment towards the continued development of the game on the East Coast corridor and has upped the stakes, having announced that the entity will be adopting the BV ground as part of their 20th anniversary celebrations. Surely this must be a reason for East Coast football fans to be joyful.
In the opening matches of the competition, Ann’s Grove meet Golden Stars at 14:00hrs in an encounter that is expected have keen competition as both teams will be aiming to get their account off with a winning note.
The feature showdown brings together Victoria Kings and Mahaica Determinators from 16:00hrs, another match that is anticipated to be very entertaining.
On Sunday, action will move to the Buxton ground for two more matches as BV and the home team Buxton United clash in the feature at 16:00hrs while Bakewell Buxton Stars and Plaisance battle in the curtain-raiser at 14:00hrs.
- Festival City shock Albouystown ‘B’ in Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ … Sparta Boss keep five alive
- Guinness Brand Manager confident of Guyana winning regional title
- CPL announces Player Draft details
- Mumbai in IPL final after tense finish
- Rain washes out day one at Headingley
- UEFA Champions League final - Bayern Munich heavily favoured to beat Borussia Dortmund
- (Letter to the Sports Editor) - Cricket Administration in Demerara can be saved
- Banks DIH teams up with NSC for Independence Half-Marathon
- Webb’s first year in review at the helm of CONCACAF
- IOC sets September 1 deadline for India to hold elections
- Reggae Boyz hold Spurs to stalemate with Mexico clash in sight
- Chennai Super Kings top official arrested in Mumbai
- European soccer final adds new chapter to Adidas-Puma rivalry
- King says Independence half-marathon has potential to grow … calls for special race for 50th Anniversary
- ICC pulls umpire Rauf from Champions Trophy
- Five swimmers to compete in International meet in Barbados from today
- JCA president not seeking reelection
- Confident Ramdin says T20s won’t hamper Windies chances
- New security measures for Jamaica’s crucial home games
- Independence T20 Cup - COURTS (Guyana) Inc. and Universal Sports join the list of sponsors