Tuesday, 18 June 2013
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee... » CONTRACTORS have requested one more week to finish...
Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinid... » COUNCILLOR of the Region 2 Regional Democratic Cou...
‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health M... » COLIN Jones, charged with the 2009 burning of the ...
Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops i... » THE Ministry of Home Affairs said, yesterday, that...
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
|Alleged cocaine traffickers remanded until July 18|
By Savitri Laikram
TROY Barclay (40) and Norma Baker-Paris appeared before Georgetown Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton, on Tuesday, charged with possession of narcotics for the purpose of trafficking. The allegation is that police found 88 grammes of cannabis in a bucket in the storeroom of their Albouystown home on June 30.
After Paris and Barclay had pleaded not guilty to the offence, Attorney Gordon Gilhuys, who represented Parris, requested that she be put on bail.
Police prosecutor Inspector Simone Payne successfully objected to bail on grounds that the substance was found at the home of the two defendants, and given the nature of the offence, the two should not be allowed to roam free.
Bail was denied, and both persons were remanded to prison until July 18.
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana
- Phagwah Day 2012 murder accused committed
- THE trial of murder accused Noel Adonis...
- Two murder cases called on first day of June Criminal Session
- Man gets four years for robbery and fleeing lawful custody
- Break and enter accused held with booty by police
- Lyng Street man accused of gold chain robbery in neighbourhood - VC says compelled to accept compensation
- Man remanded over 9mm ammo and cocaine in a box