Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Ramjattan is engaging in political prostitution|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 22:23|
– political analyst
A RENOWNED political analyst has said AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan is engaging in “political prostitution,” gauging from his recent comment on the resignation of People’s Progressive Party (PPP) stalwart, Mr. Ralph Ramkarran. Mr. Ramkarran resigned from the leadership of the PPP following a disagreement at the start of the last weekend.
The political analyst insists that the AFC leader’s description of Mr. Ramkarran’s departure from the PPP as a ‘dark day for Guyana’ is quite alarming, more so too is his categorisation of Ramkarran as ‘such a distinguished gentleman’.
“…..To now claim this man (Ramkarran), a Senior Counsel, is so valuable to Guyana when you snubbed him and hurled all sorts of criticisms only recently, speaks about the height of Ramjattan’s hypocrisy. What you see here is ‘prostitutive behaviour’ by the AFC, flirting in a manner consistent with naked opportunism,” the analyst concluded.
He said that Ramjattan himself had the opportunity to demonstrate his trust in Ramkarran’s value and distinguished leadership but squandered that opportunity when he rejected the very Ramkarran for Speaker of the 10th Parliament.
There is an obvious contradiction and it goes against the credibility of the AFC leader. He knew then that Ramkarran had years of experience, was a distinguished leader, and had all the qualities that a Speaker should possess, yet still he flirted with APNU to get Raphael Trotman into the Speakership, the political analyst said.
A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) joined with the Alliance For Change (AFC) to reject the PPP/C nominee Ramkarran to be elected Speaker of the 10th Parliament earlier this year.
The PPP had insisted that the agreement reached between the parties goes against the convention in parliamentary democracies where the governing party with the largest number of votes and seats is elected Speaker of the National Assembly.
“I believe Ramkarran is such a party loyalist, that even if anger led him to depart in such a manner, he will not switch-it-up to any other party, …….so Ramjattan may be flirting the wrong side,” he further suggested.
The analyst identified the AFC leader with an inconsistent behaviour pattern of flip-flopping on several issues which raises serious questions about his credibility and also exposes his penchant for political grandstanding.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 22:52|
More Top Stories
- ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has total of 17 witnesses, defence has lots of alibi evidence
- Rise up against opposition stand on money laundering law …PPP wants social forces to bring to bear pressure over hardline stand
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- including 7 elementary school students
- Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -according to latest NACTA poll
- Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who disappeared eight years ago
- Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion -equipment to begin arriving next week
- Tree pins Wakapao pensioner to death
- 24-year old missing after vessel capsizes
- GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-Dr Singh
- Three persons detained for Mootoos killing
- No flexibility with importation of banned, restricted chemicals-Dr Ramsammy
- The dramatically changing Georgetown skyline
- Ramjattan a no-show for anti-money laundering meet : --Opposition bent on scuttling process
- GECOM successfully concludes extended registration
- NACTA poll finds… : Even APNU, AFC supporters ‘disappointed’ with their performance : --also against calls for snap elections
- WPO calls M&CC out (Bg, big head) : --for ‘reprehensible’ attack on Town Clerk (Ag)
- Bandits beat, shoot Turkeyen resident in early morning robbery : --Bullet lodged between victim’s lung and rib
- K&VC murder accused remanded until May 21
- Home Affairs launches “I Paid A Bribe” website
- Luncheon slams opposition over vicious designs to remove PPP/C gov’t