Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|French quartet face disciplinary action|
|Tuesday, 03 July 2012 22:01|
THE FRENCH Football Federation has opened disciplinary proceedings against four players following incidents at Euro 2012.
Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jeremy Menez and Yann M'Vila have all been accused of misbehaviour in a development that mirrors the action after the 2010 World Cup, when four players received bans.
The players' alleged offences are as follows:
Nasri - Launched a foul-mouthed tirade at a journalist after France's quarter-final defeat to Spain.
Ben Arfa - Allegedly involved in a dressing-room bust-up after the 2-0 group stage loss against Sweden.
Menez - Accused of insulting his captain, goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
M'Vila - Ignored coach Laurent Blanc as he left the pitch when substituted against Spain.
French Federation president Noel Le Graet also announced that the players' bonuses had been frozen.
He said: "I don't like to punish, by nature. I don't like to deliver a hasty opinion. But our players should be punished or sanctioned. I don't want them thinking they are victims. They are not."
Le Graet also denied reports in the French press that Didier Deschamps had turned down the chance to replace Blanc as coach.
He said: "I saw this morning that Deschamps had said 'no'. That's a mistake. He's a boy that I would like to work with."
Deschamps has until the end of the week to decide whether to take the job.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 22:17|
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals
- Alfro Alphonso renews commitment to supporting cricket in Pomeroon
- Persaud takes third leg as Eastman carts off Three-Stage title
- Powell pleased with host countries response as CPL builds momentum
- Windies begin preparation for Champions Trophy with HPC camp
- Essequibo taking softball cricket by storm –Khalid Baksh
- Sunrisers hold nerve to make IPL playoffs, RCB out
- BCCI to regulate player agents
- Emotional swansong for Beckham in Paris