Thursday, 20 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Bartica man killed at house party|
|Monday, 02 July 2012 22:10|
A 21-year-old man was, shortly after midnight Sunday, pronounced dead on arrival at the Bartica Hospital, after allegedly being beaten in a robbery attack at a home at Fourth Street, Second Avenue, Bartica.
Dead is Ryan Ramkarran, also called ‘Budhram’, also of Bartica. He is suspected to have died of a broken neck and also suffered multiple injuries.
Meanwhile, a man, alleged to have inflicted injury to the deceased, late yesterday remained in police custody, assisting police with their investigations. The man, whose name was given as Gary Bhojedat, was treated at the Bartica Hospital for minor abrasions to the left hand, neck and left eye, none of which carried any sutures.
Information coming out of Bartica said that on Sunday night, a party was being held at the home of Bhojedat and his partner, a Brazilian woman, when it was discovered that Ramkarran, who is said to be no stranger to the couple and their home, had entered the building unknown to Bhojedat.
Reports say Bhojedat, who was sporting with friends, had cause to go into a room where he spotted a shadow and discovered that Ramkarran was inside and had allegedly robbed his Brazilian friend.
The woman, it was claimed, was relieved of a cellular phone and an undisclosed amount of cash. Bhojedat confronted the intruder and a scuffle ensued. An alarm was raised and Ramkarran was severely beaten. In the process, Bhojedat sustained minor injuries and was treated and later released into police custody.
The body of the deceased was yesterday transferred to the city where it is awaiting a post mortem.
Meanwhile, the man in custody is claiming that he has been missing things from his home time and again.
More Top Stories
- Shadick declares no sacred cows as... GNBA announces $2.5M fee for annual broadcasting licence - 22 current broadcasters get approval for 2013, two pending
- DPP workshop targets members of the Judiciary on… PROSECUTING, RECOVERING CRIME PROCEEDS
- Luncheon slams parliamentary Opposition for its ‘deliberate sloth’ - towards financial crimes law
- CJ rules… Opposition Leader, Finance Minister excluded from 2012 Budget Cut case – evidence unnecessary, says AG
- One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap
- Several opened mails found at home of Berbice postman - including utility bills, Christmas cards and correspondence from U.S. embassy addressed to several persons in the New Amsterdam district
- At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape freed - after victim absents self from court
- Protest outside Albion court as accused wife killer appears
- Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse cases - one placed on $20,000 bail for calling his wife a ‘cross’
- Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid waste - and sustainable forest management
- New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes successful test run
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs