Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Assassins win Atina’s Super Foods inaugural Father’s Day dominoes competition|
|Tuesday, 19 June 2012 21:47|
THE CURTAIN came down on Father’s Day at Strikers Sports Club as the Atina’s Super Foods-sponsored Dominoes tournament concluded with ‘Assassins’ claiming the championship which made them $100 000 richer.
They were led by Colin McEwan who pressed them to victory over ‘Fire’ who claimed the second-place prize sponsored by F&H Supreme of $60 000 and C-7 took third to pocket $40 000. The third-place prize was sponsored by Strikers Sports Club.
Assassins were first with 77 games just ahead of Fire who had 76 and C-7 followed closely with 73 games.
The event brought together eight teams to compete for the top prize which was sponsored by Atina’s Super Food of 55E Upper Robb Street. They were Providence Sports Club, Strikers, C-7, Assassins, Fire, Mix-Up, Dominators and Lightning Reflection Bar.
The organisers were very critical of the way in which a beautiful sport as dominoes was heading where timing and behavioural conduct was concerned in and out of the venue.
The event, scheduled for 14:30hrs, did not get under way until 16:15hrs then concluded at 01:55hrs because of the unbecoming and usual lackadaisical attitude of participating teams.
In the end it was a great day for fathers as Ansa McAl had giveaways in the form of Stag Beer and Mackeson for lucky fathers while Banks DIH R1 Vodka and XM VXO Rum also had its promotion.
Meanwhile, the owner of Atina’s Super Foods, Jerry Jaikarran, was present to formally launch the day.
His establishment caters for low-income earners who can get quality American-made items at unbeatable wholesale and retail prices, namely Wesson, Clorox, Bounty, Air Wick, Lipton among others.
He also has a Cash-back promotion that was launched by way of spending a minimum of $5 000 and you will be automatically eligible to win $100 000 in a drawing on September 29, 2012.
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals
- Alfro Alphonso renews commitment to supporting cricket in Pomeroon
- Persaud takes third leg as Eastman carts off Three-Stage title
- Powell pleased with host countries response as CPL builds momentum
- Windies begin preparation for Champions Trophy with HPC camp
- Essequibo taking softball cricket by storm –Khalid Baksh
- Sunrisers hold nerve to make IPL playoffs, RCB out
- BCCI to regulate player agents
- Emotional swansong for Beckham in Paris