Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Overwhelmed abusive and threatening language accused begs to be let off on own recognizance|
|Friday, 15 June 2012 21:48|
RAMESH Seemangal of Hope West, Enmore, East Coast Demerara appeared before Vigilance Magistrate Nyasha Williams-Hatmin to answer to two charges, the first of which alleged that he used threatening language to Dookienauth Seemangal on Sunday, June 10, at Enmore Hope West.
The second charge stated that on the same day he used abusive language to Dookienauth Seemangal.
Seemingly overwhelmed by the circumstances in which he had found himself, Ramesh Seemangal pleaded not guilty to the charges, and begged the magistrate to let him off on his own recognizance, since he had no one to bail him.
He was granted cash bail in the sum of $15,000, or like surety for each of the charges.
He is expected to return to court on June 21, 2012.
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging mother’s water tank
- In wounding case…Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor