Monday, 20 May 2013
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
No flexibility with importation of banned, restric... » MINISTER of Agriculture, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy has s...
The dramatically changing Georgetown skyline » In recent years, the skyline of Georgetown has tak...
Ramjattan a no-show for anti-money laundering meet... » ATTORNEY-General and Minister of Legal Affairs, An...
GECOM successfully concludes extended registration » THE Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) yesterday ...
|Another cocaine smoker imprisoned|
|Thursday, 14 June 2012 21:09|
ANOTHER cocaine user was sentenced to one year imprisonment, by Magistrate Adela Nagamootoo, at New Amsterdam Court on Wednesday.
Jeffers (only name stated) pleaded guilty to having an improvised glass pipe, which is used for smoking the narcotic.
Police Inspector Jairam Ramlakhan, prosecuting, said Corporal Thomas, wearing plain clothes, was driving an unmarked police vehicle and accompanied by Constable Braithwaithe, when they observed the defendant standing in the vicinity of Howardâ€™s Alley, New Amsterdam, acting in a suspicious manner.
The ranks stopped and searched the suspect and discovered the utensil in his right side pants pocket.
The prosecutor said Jeffers confessed that he smokes the habit forming prohibited substance and explained that the white powdery stuff is sniffed through a hollow tube and is readily absorbed into the bloodstream through the nasal membranes.
- Court toldâ€¦ Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting â€˜pestâ€™.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over â€˜sweet manâ€™
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman â€˜for nothingâ€™
- â€˜Turkeyâ€™ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging motherâ€™s water tank
- In wounding caseâ€¦Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor
- Road rage wounding accused on $150,000 bail
- Husband bonded for threatening wife, her aunt