Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Wife beater reprimanded, discharged after seven-day remand|
|Thursday, 14 June 2012 21:08|
FIFTY-FIVE-YEAR-OLD Kenneth Bissondyal, having been remanded to prison for seven days after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his wife of thirty years, Kuntie Gopaul, was reprimanded and discharged when he returned before Magistrate Adela Nagamootoo at New Amsterdam Court, on Wednesday.
Police Corporal Roberto Figueira, prosecuting, said the defendant, who had previously served sentences for similar offences, assaulted the virtual complainant, on June 3, at their Cumberland, East Canje home, also in Berbice.
Gopaul, who had injuries to her face, told the court her husband returned home shortly after 22:00 hrs, under the influence of alcohol, entered their bedroom and blew out the lighted lamp, leaving the place in darkness.
She said she, then, shouted for her son, who was in the nearby bedroom and when he arrived and relit the lantern, saw his father cuffing and slapping her.
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging mother’s water tank
- In wounding case…Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor