Monday, 20 May 2013
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
No flexibility with importation of banned, restric... » MINISTER of Agriculture, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy has s...
The dramatically changing Georgetown skyline » In recent years, the skyline of Georgetown has tak...
Ramjattan a no-show for anti-money laundering meet... » ATTORNEY-General and Minister of Legal Affairs, An...
GECOM successfully concludes extended registration » THE Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) yesterday ...
|Fined for disorderly behaviour, remanded on narcotic charge|
|Thursday, 05 April 2012 20:10|
QUINCY Roberts (no address given) was remanded to prison on a narcotic possession charge.
Before Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton, he pleaded not guilty to the offence, particulars of which said, on April 4, he had one gramme of cannabis (marijuana).
Roberts was also charged with disorderly behaviour, to which he pleaded guilty and was fined $20,000 with the alternative of three weeks imprisonment.
Police Corporal, Simone Payne, prosecuting, said ranks on mobile patrol observed the defendant riding at a fast rate, stopped him and a search of his person yielded the drug.
The prosecutor said it was while the police were searching Roberts that he behaved in a disorderly manner and used indecent language.
The defendant claimed nothing was found on him but, because he objected to the way he was approached and became annoyed that the police charged him.
However, he was refused bail since he could not provide the court with his address.
The case will be called, again, on May 22.
- Court toldâ€¦ Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting â€˜pestâ€™.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over â€˜sweet manâ€™
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman â€˜for nothingâ€™
- â€˜Turkeyâ€™ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging motherâ€™s water tank
- In wounding caseâ€¦Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor
- Road rage wounding accused on $150,000 bail
- Husband bonded for threatening wife, her aunt