Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|Man fined $25,000 for not paying taxi driver $3,000|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 21:58|
EON Williams (no address given) was yesterday fined $25,000 or an alternative of two weeks’ imprisonment after he admitted to incurring a debt of $3,000 from Quincy Parris on
March 25. Williams told Acting Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry’s court that he had come from Bartica and had taken a taxi that Parris was working to go to his friend’s home on the East Coast Demerara. When he arrived there, his friend was not at home and Parris began to beat him.
He also claimed that he was in possession of a quantity of raw gold, but could not find it when he was taken to the police station, and that he never saw the virtual complainant again.
- Conductor smashed windscreen of police van while resisting arrest, court told
- Vendor accused of robbing woman at Stabroek Market Square denied bail
- Craig Village man on break and enter charge blames being ‘high’
- Four petitioners granted bail in the sum of $725,000
- Judge rules written statement to police admissible at murder trial
- Assaulted woman denies relationship with alleged stalker
- Fined man faces trial on threatening neighbour charge
- Defendant kisses Court floor in quest of leniency
- Other accused cell phone thief on $50,000 bail
- Larceny case dismissed as virtual complainant declines testimony
- Security guard granted $50,000 bail on larceny charge
- Policeman in duo refused bail on wounding charges
- Robbery defendant cries upon being remanded
- Court hears… Robbery took place during negotiation over sex proposition
- After fatal stab, Boston told accused, ‘You juk me’ … deposition evidence states
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.