Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Prison escapee sentenced to two years imprisonment|
|Written by Jeune Bailey Vankeric|
|Tuesday, 27 March 2012 20:26|
CONVICT Vijay Seenarine, of Springlands, Corentyne, was sentenced to two years imprisonment by Magistrate Adele Nagamootoo, on Monday, after he pleaded guilty to escaping from the New Amsterdam Prison on June 11, 2011.
Seenarine, who had been on remand at the penal institution pending trial on a charge of carnal knowledge, had, initially, denied that he escaped through the northern wall of the male dormitory, using a canvas rope which was tied to a beam.
But images from security cameras revealed that Seenarine; Rickford La Fleur called Rickford Williams, of Circle Street, Skeldon and Vryheid’s Lust Squatting Area, East Coast Demerara, who was also a remanded prisoner on two separate murder charges and two counts of trafficking in narcotics; murder accused Vinood Gopaul, of Lot 34 Yakusari, Black Bush Polder, another part of Corentyne, Berbice and convicted high seas pirate Kevin ‘Long Hair’ Narine also known as Ram Sookdial and Ayodhiaram, had escaped from the facility at 02:28 hrs on June 11, 2011.
Seenarine was seen walking along J.C. Chandisingh School Street, Rose Hall, Corentyne, on June 28, 2011and was arrested by police.
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging mother’s water tank
- In wounding case…Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor