Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|$100,000 bail for minibus passenger theft charge|
|Thursday, 22 March 2012 21:38|
KISHON Oxford (no address given) appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry yesterday, charged with stealing from a minibus passenger.
Particulars of the larceny charge, to which he pleaded not guilty, said that on March 20, he stole a gold chain, valued$180,000, property of Allison Douglas.
Police Sergeant Lionel Harvey, prosecuting, said the virtual complainant was on the back seat of a route 47 bus when the defendant snatched her chain through a window.
The prosecutor had no objection to bail but requested that it be a substantial amount and the magistrate set $100,000.
Oxford has to be back in Court on April 2.
- Conductor smashed windscreen of police van while resisting arrest, court told
- Vendor accused of robbing woman at Stabroek Market Square denied bail
- Craig Village man on break and enter charge blames being ‘high’
- Four petitioners granted bail in the sum of $725,000
- Judge rules written statement to police admissible at murder trial
- Assaulted woman denies relationship with alleged stalker
- Fined man faces trial on threatening neighbour charge
- Defendant kisses Court floor in quest of leniency
- Other accused cell phone thief on $50,000 bail
- Larceny case dismissed as virtual complainant declines testimony
- Security guard granted $50,000 bail on larceny charge
- Policeman in duo refused bail on wounding charges
- Robbery defendant cries upon being remanded
- Court hears… Robbery took place during negotiation over sex proposition
- After fatal stab, Boston told accused, ‘You juk me’ … deposition evidence states
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.