Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Recaptured prisoner who escaped in 2007 granted $100,000 bail|
|Wednesday, 14 March 2012 21:19|
OSMAN Griffith, 35, of Sophia Squatting Area, Greater Georgetown, was granted $100,000 bail yesterday, when he appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry on a charge of escaping from lawful custody.
He pleaded not guilty to the offence, particulars of which said it was committed on May 2, 2007, when he was charged with simple larceny.
Police Corporal Jairam Luckhai, prosecuting, said the defendant had been a remanded prisoner at the Camp Street penitentiary, but fell ill that day and was taken to Georgetown Public Hospital (GPH) for treatment.
The prosecutor said it was from there that Griffith fled and was only recently recaptured.
Attorney-at-law Ms. Latchmie Rahamat, who represented Griffith, requesting that his pre-trial freedom be granted for a reasonable sum, informed that the simple larceny charge against him was dismissed for want of prosecution.
His case will be called, again, tomorrow.
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging mother’s water tank
- In wounding case…Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor