Sunday, 26 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|Entire GCB executive resigns|
|Tuesday, 06 March 2012 21:10|
FOLLOWING the resignation of their president Ramsay Ali last week, the remaining executives of the now defunct and embattled Guyana Cricket Board (GCB) which was elected at the Annual General Meeting of July 10, last year, have tendered their resignation.
Below is a full excerpt of their resignation letter which was forwarded to the Honourable Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport Dr Frank Anthony:
“We have been subjected to tremendous stress over the past weeks due to unrelenting state-sponsored court proceedings, searches and arrests. The threat of similar action has now been extended to include our constituent members’ executives.
“Under duress we managed to outfit and send our teams to WICB tournaments but a recent court injunction prevents us from performing any function, nevertheless, as you requested, we have delayed this resignation until we were satisfied that all was done to ensure our team continues to participate in the regional Four-Day competition.
“We are satisfied that, as Executives of the GCB, we have always performed our functions professionally, honestly and diligently for the uplift of this glorious game.
“The Guyana Cricket Board is at present in the best financial position it has ever been in its history with US$400 000 in its bank account even though we undertook many investment projects e.g. Hostels, training facilities etc.
“The Annual Audit report for 2011 is almost completed and would be forwarded to your office shortly, by our Auditor Barcellos, Narine & Co.
“We will always be available to answer any questions you may have or to continue to assist in any way possible.
Fizul Bacchus, Alfred Mentore, Anand Sanasie, Dru Bahadur, Anand Kalladeen, Colin Europe. Reyon Griffith, Nazimul Drepaul, Terry Holder.
- Windies carrying World T20vconfidence to Champions Trophy-Gibson
- Guyana to compete in Regional Skills competition
- National Guinness Greatest of the Street… : Hunt for Guyana’s Greatest commences : …Action rescheduled to today
- Sanassie fails again to stay perjury charge
- Independence T20 Cup ... : Stage set for enthralling action at Albion today
- Budhan snares most wickets as Matrix take title
- A final fighting for relevance
- Festival City shock Albouystown ‘B’ in Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ … Sparta Boss keep five alive
- Guinness Brand Manager confident of Guyana winning regional title
- CPL announces Player Draft details
- Mumbai in IPL final after tense finish
- Rain washes out day one at Headingley
- UEFA Champions League final - Bayern Munich heavily favoured to beat Borussia Dortmund
- (Letter to the Sports Editor) - Cricket Administration in Demerara can be saved
- Banks DIH teams up with NSC for Independence Half-Marathon
- Webb’s first year in review at the helm of CONCACAF
- IOC sets September 1 deadline for India to hold elections
- Reggae Boyz hold Spurs to stalemate with Mexico clash in sight
- Chennai Super Kings top official arrested in Mumbai
- European soccer final adds new chapter to Adidas-Puma rivalry