Thursday, 20 June 2013
Shadick declares no sacred cows as... GNBA announc... » CHAIRPERSON of the Guyana National Broadcasting Au...
DPP workshop targets members of the Judiciary onâ€... » THE Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecution...
Luncheon slams parliamentary Opposition for its â€... » THE behaviour of the political Opposition towards ...
CJ rulesâ€¦ Opposition Leader, Finance Minister e... » CHIEF Justice (ag.) Ian Chang, at yesterdayâ€™s he...
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizesâ€¦ Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
|Woman charged with drug trafficking at Ogle Airport|
|Monday, 23 January 2012 20:44|
A WOMAN was remanded to prison yesterday, on a drug trafficking charge that said she was found in possession at Ogle International Airport.
Michelle Sancho, 38, of Lot 472 â€˜Bâ€™ Field, Sophia, Greater Georgetown, appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry and pleaded not guilty.
Particulars of the offence stated that, on January 21, at Ogle Airport, she had 190 grammes of cannabis (marijuana) and six grammes of cocaine for the purpose.
Attorney-at-law, Mr. Vic Puran, prosecuting for the Customs Anti Narcotics Unit (CANU), said the narcotics were discovered in two separate bags belonging to the defendant.
Sancho will be back in court tomorrow.
- Magistrate changes pleas, postpones cases to today
- Husband remanded to prison for damaging wifeâ€™s kitchen utensils - and using abusive language, threatening behaviour
- Prosecutor statesâ€¦ Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court toldâ€¦ Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked â€˜Fiah Lionâ€™ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courtsâ€¦ Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...