ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has total of 17 witnesses, defence has lots of alibi evidence
TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruimveldt, Georgetown, yesterday appeared before Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry charged with the murder of Police Corporal, Romain Cleto.
THE student body of the Saraswattie Vidya Niketan (SVN) school in collaboration with the National Blood Bank, the Society for Empowerment and Wholistic Advancement (SEWA) and the Cornelia Ida Temple Committee held a blood drive on the premises of the school at Cornelia Ida, West Coast Demerara, to support the National Blood Bank’s ‘Good Samaritan’ programme.
The two-day blood drive on Saturday and Sunday saw a total of 534 persons
MINISTER of Culture, Youth and Sport Dr Frank Anthony last Sunday joined several other cycling officials and enthusiasts at the finish line to witness the culmination of the 31st Annual National Sports Commission (NSC) Independence three-stage cycle road race, before delivering the keynote address at the prize-giving ceremony held at the National Cultural Centre shortly after.
Dr Anthony lauded the efforts of national cycling coach Hassan Mohamed,
Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
HAVING read an article in Kaieteur New of Wednesday May 8, 2013 in relation to the Marriott Hotel which reads in part, “It has imposed itself over the Kingston skyline, so much so that those at seas, who so require, are now unable to detect the signal from the lighthouse”. If this report is indeed true then Guyana is treading on dangerous ground.
The Georgetown lighthouse is located in its internationally known position of Latitude 6 49.5 N Longitude 58 09.9 W.
Georgetown garbage scourge horrors20.05.13 Letters >> EditorialRead more...
THE disgraceful and smelly environment relative to the particular southern
- ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has total of 17 witnesses, defence has lots of alibi evidence
- Rise up against opposition stand on money laundering law …PPP wants social forces to bring to bear pressure over hardline stand
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- including 7 elementary school students
- Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -according to latest NACTA poll
- Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who disappeared eight years ago
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Georgetown garbage scourge horrors
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Bridge Watch
- exchange rates
- Woman charged with drug trafficking at Ogle Airport
- Revolver described as ‘short gun’ was allegedly used to ‘murder Vishnu’
- Sheriff Bar incident…
- Luncheon dismisses claims NIS is a sinking ship as ‘total nonsense’ - says interventions are in train to ensure continued viability of Scheme
- CJIA Thursday bust…
- At Berbice Assizes…
DEMERARA HARBOUR BRIDGE CLOSURE TO ROAD TRAFFIC
2013-05-20 12:30 hrs
2013-05-21 13:30 hrs
2013-05-22 14:30 hrs
Double Lane Traffic 7:00hrs to 7:20hrs -Monday to Friday For Retraction Schedule
BERBICE RIVER BRIDGE CLOSURE TO ROAD TRAFFIC
2013-05-20 12:00 hrs to 13:30 hrs
2013-05-21 13:00 hrs to 14:30 hrs
2013-05-22 14:00 hrs to 15:30 hrs
The opening lasts for 1½ hrs
Exchange rates as at
Selling G$ / US$ $204.48 $206.92
G$ / CAD$
G$/EUR$ $262.95 $266.28 G$ / GBP $ $310.71 $314.62 G$ / XCD $ $74.90 G$ / BBD$ $101.12
G$ / BZD$ $99.23 G$ / JMD$ $2.14
G$ / TT$ $31.70